CIL-Y-CWM COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION
Minutes and Accounts
During the 2017 financial year the Association has continued to support the following:
- Cilycwm.com website
- Combined community event in village field
- Discussions with local residents and Church and Chapels regarding obtaining or improving existing buildings.
Please click here for the accounts.
Annual General Meeting 2018
Date: 28th February August 2018
Venue: Neuadd Fawr Arms
Time: 8.00 p.m.
Attendees: Roger Hemmings (Chair), Fay Wielochowska (Treasurer), Ann Jones,
Chris Robertson, Dafydd Tomos, Richard Turner
Apologies: Kate Robertson, Thelma Stenning, Wil Theophilus, Sara Fox, Moira Davies
Roger welcomed all to the meeting,
The minutes from the 2016 AGM were read and agreed.
Matter arising from the minutes:
The annual report has been filed for 2016 and 2017,
Chris put the advert on the website regarding hiring the CCA video cameras/
The cost of the internet for the website is being paid.
Chairman’s report – Roger Hemmings
- History Group. The History Project “Names in the landscape” being completed Dafydd hopes the next project – perhaps to be entitled “People in the Landscape” will commence in the foreseeable future after funding has been obtained. A variety of ideas as to the content and initial display of material collected were discussed..
The meeting was reminded that there is a pdf of the “Names in the landscape” online.
- Website. Chris congratulated Dafydd for his work in replying to all historical enquiries which came through the website most of which required extensive research. Ann thanked Chris for the work he does free of charge for the Cilycwm Community Council.
Dafydd raised the question of access to the facebook page. Only the facebook members are able to contribute to the page and answer any requests sent in.
- Finance. The accounts independently examined by Peter Green were circulated for inspection and comment. The majority of the funds are ringed fenced for the History Group’s next project. The CCA paid for the new gate for the field.
There are not sufficient funds in the account to offer £1000 to support the Mentor Cilycwm
Committee with their initial legal costs. Keeping the CCA active will, it is hoped, provide
some support by its continuation.
Discussion of the CCA
The CCA will remain operational for the foreseeable future running the website www.cilycwm.com and supporting the History group.
Fay commented that the CCA has not carried out any other community projects in recent years. Eventually funds will be needed for insurance, website, administration and community support costs.
July 7th is the date for the Community fete in the Field to be run by the Field Committee.
Election of Offices has not yet taken place.
We welcome anyone to put their names forward for one of the posts. At present there is no Company Secretary.
Cwmni Cyfynedig dan Warant / Company Limited by Guarantee No. 4907242
Ymwelwch â / Please visit: www.cilycwm.com